Tail Gate Parties
How The Journey Checks all the Boxes
…and then some
RV Camping | Sporting Events | Small Patios | Block Parties | Tent Camping | Van Life | Tail Gate Parties
Quick and Easy Setup
After some easy initial setup, each time you burn will be incredibly simple. Attach the quick connect fitting, connect the hose to a 20lb to 40lb propane tank, and light it up. You’ll be burning in 60 seconds or less.
Let’s just say this; it’s hotter than the average home furnace. At 84,000 BTUs, you can rest assured that after cooking dinner and making those smores, you can crank it up and stay out late telling stories. These BTUs are not like BTUs you’ve experience before. Thanks to the patented jet technology, you get taller, brighter, hotter flames… all with less fuel. You’ll find plenty of imitators, but nothing compares to the Crossfire by Warming Trends.
This fire pit is not a one-trick pony. You can now leave the camp stove behind. With the optional cast iron griddle from Amazon, you can cook meals evenly and quickly by dialing in the perfect heat output. Eggs, bacon, and pancakes in the morning; steak, veggies, and brats in the evening. This handy method of cooking keeps your space clean, thanks to the built in grease reservoir. After dinner, use some pot holders to remove the griddle and roast up some marshmallows.
Wood Burn Ban? No Problem
We live in Montana. We know all about forest fires. During those dry seasons, wood burning is not an option. In most areas, you can still burn propane during wood burning bans. That means everyone at the campground will be gathering around your spot. Fire is the centerpiece of your camping experience. Don’t go without.
Efficiency – Burn for Hours
The Journey packs a powerful punch in such a small footprint. Most fire pit burners are made up of metal with holes punched in it. The gas is forced through the holes and much of the fuel is left unburnt. The Journey features a burner that mixes air and fuel at the base of the flame. This technology assures an incredibly efficient fire. Expect to burn for 10+ hours on high with a single 20lb tank. Use a 40lb tank for twice as much time around the fire.
We’re not going to shy away from our verdict… this is the best portable fire pit on the market today. From durability (12 gauge, powder coated steel), to heat output and efficiency, and just an incredible user experience, you can’t go wrong with The Journey. Each one is hand-made in Montana, and shipped anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. Change the way you adventure; order The Journey today!
Where will your Journey take you...
All Specifications and Instructions
- 12 gauge, mild steel, powder coated fire pit with burner plate
- 84K BTU Crossfire Burner by Warming Trends (match lit)
- Quick connect fitting welded in place
- 12′ propane hose with regulator (connects to standard LP tanks)
- Hose comes with a quarter turn valve for easy lighting and flame adjustment
- 20lbs of rolled lava pebbles (.75″ to 1.5″ sized pebbles). Effectively conceals the burner.
- Double sided, cast iron griddle with handles – purchase HERE
- 20′ RV hose
Download Spec Sheet HERE
Dimensions & Weight
- 16″ Long x 12″ Wide x 12″ High
- 30lbs (fire pit and burner)
- Shipping is complimentary in the continental U.S. Additional charges apply for Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada.
- Ships from Missoula, MT
- Feel free to burn it in rainy and snowy conditions
- Avoid leaving it outdoors without burning when substantial rain or snow is expected. Water may settle in the burner.
- Easily cleaned with any light household solution and a soft rag.
- Any finish is susceptible to scratches and damage, so just treat this fire table with respect.
- To remove tough stains like hard water, or even light scratches, apply WD40 while fire is not lit. Wipe clean and let dry for 1 hour.
- Powder Coating is very effective at protecting against rust. If years down the road you’d like to re-finish your fire table, look for a local powder coating company. Depending on the size, it should only cost between $100-$250 to completely re-finish your Journey. We warrant your original coating against defects for 1 year.
- RUST – if you chip the powder coating, you may experience rust in that spot. Best practice is to promptly seal any bare metal with a clear sealant.
- Burner – Lifetime Warranty
- Craftmanship (welds, structure) – 10 Year Warranty
- Powder Coating* & Materials – 1 Year Warranty
- *The powder coating finish warranty does not cover blemishes or rust caused by external forces at your location or by any user. Please treat the surface with the utmost care and promptly seal chips or scratches. For best results, cover the entire fire feature when not in use. It is up to the end-user to ensure proper care is taken during installation and use of the fire table.
- RUST: We guarantee your fire table will arrive rust-free and protected by the most durable powder coating possible. However, we cannot warrant against rust because of the vast diversity of climates and environments. The nature of steel is to rust. Montana Fire Pits works hard to fight against the elements to prevent rust as long as possible, but ultimately it is unavoidable. If there are scratches and chips that occur, do your best to remove the rust and seal the scratch or chip. If you see rust forming in corners, it will not compromise the structural integrity of the table.
- What does the warranty cover? The warranty covers the fire table and all components provided by Montana Fire Pits. It DOES NOT cover contractor fees, equipment rentals, or labor of any kind.
- REPLACEMENT: On the rare occasion that we have determined you need a replacement product, Montana Fire Pits will remake it and ship it out to you. The original product will be scheduled to ship back to us in the crate in which your new product arrives. Please do not destroy the crate in the process of this exchange. Montana Fire Pits is not responsible for installation expenses. If you wish to keep the original fire table, our customer service department would be happy to discuss this option with you.
Damage in Shipping
- Carefully inspect your crate for damage. Take photos of any suspected damage.
- Should damage occur during shipping, call us at 833-228-5244 ext 01
- We warrant our products, when purchased new, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
- If you are not fully satisfied with your fire table, you can return it within 14 days of the delivery date for any reason.
- Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.
- Returns are subject to a restocking fee of up to 15%.
Quick Guide – CLICK HERE
- Pull back metal sleeve on the quick connect valve at the end of the propane hose
- Push valve onto male brass piece, which is welded to the fire pit
- Release sleeve to ensure a solid connection
- Make sure black adjustment lever is pushed to ‘closed’ position (positioned at a 90 degree angle – at 3 O’clock in relation to the hose)
- Attach the other end of the hose to your propane tank by screwing it on
- Open the tank valve
- With a lighter handy, gradually turn the valve to about 50% and light one of the jets
- Use the valve to fine-tune your flame height