Round & Square Openings – SPEC SHEET
Rectangular Openings – SPEC SHEET
- Feel free to burn it in rainy and snowy conditions
- Soot will build up on the logs over time, this is normal. The process is very fast when using propane as the fuel.
- You don’t have to clean steel logs, they are virtually maintenance free.
- If you’d like the logs to look clean again, once cooled, clean with water and a brush, or pressure wash them.
- Feel free to use dish soap
Rust and Color Variation
- The logs are designed to rust over time
- As time passes, the steel changes colors and shades, eventually to have a brown patina.
- Lifetime Warranty
- The warranty does not cover rust, as they are designed to rust over time.
- The warranty does not cover damage due to outside forces.
Damage in Shipping
- Carefully inspect your package for damage. Take photos if needed.
- Should damage occur during shipping, call us at (866) 366-1427
- We warrant our products, when purchased new, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
- If you are not fully satisfied with your product, you can return it within 14 days of the delivery date.
- Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.
- Returns are subject to a restocking fee of up to 15%.
- Please be careful when stacking the steel logs.
- Make sure they are stable and sturdy before leaving them unattended.
- There are slots on the bottom of each log. Make sure to position them so that the logs lodge together. This helps the structure stay sturdy.
- Start with the largest/thickest logs on the bottom and stack smaller ones on top.
These steel logs are the HOTTEST fire media you could possibly put in your fire pit.
- Do not touch the logs for at least 1 hour after burning
- Do not cover the logs with any combustible materials for at least 1 hour after burning
- Before you burn, make sure each log is laying securely
- Keep logs at least 6″ from the top of your fire pit. Materials such as concrete or granite may scorch if you burn your logs on high for over 20 minutes. Turn the fire down to avoid overheating.
The Ponderosa Steel logs are like nothing you’ve ever seen before. Each log is created individually by our steel artist; not one log looks the same. You are not purchasing a manufactured, assembly-line product; you are purchasing a one-of-a-kind piece of art. We take pride in providing the best looking, best functioning, best heat-radiating steel logs on the market today. The character and appearance of the logs progress from silver metallic, to an industrial blacked look, and eventually to a rustic patina.
The Aging Process
When you first receive the logs, they will have a polished metallic appearance.
After a few times in the fire, the steel will blacken and some soot will accumulate on the logs. The soot can be washed off if desired.
Over the years of being in the rain, the logs will have more of a rustic appearance with a natural patina. The length of this process depends on your climate, but can be sped up by applying a 50/50 mixture of distilled vinegar and peroxide. Add a bit of salt to your mixture, shake until dissolved, and apply to the logs using a spray bottle. Let sit overnight.