Top Troubleshooting Questions
Answers to common fire feature hang-ups.
The flame on my Warming Trends burner is weak, small, or just plain lame.
- Fuel = Flame: if your flame is barely there, it means your fuel is barely there
- Contact your gas professional to troubleshoot on-site
- We assure you, none of our burners put out weak flames
My logs or media have an excessive build-up of black soot.
My key valve is stuck and won't turn.
- Sometimes the valve come from the factory and it's just a little sticky. This is perfectly normal.
- It's a "Quarter-Turn Ball Valve" by Dante (industry standard)
- Watch this short video on how to loosen your valve before its initial use
My 24-Volt Electronic Ignition won't light my fire.
My burner is making noise.
- Experiencing a 'whoosh' type sound is normal. Air is mixing with fuel at each jet and causes a sound like a mild rushing wind.
- You should not, however, experience whistling. If you are, contact us.
My burner won't light.
- Make sure there is no water or ice in the lines.
- Always cover your burner when not in use to help keep moisture out.
- Make sure your connections are secure.
My lava rock is exploding, popping, or jumping out of the fire at me.
- Our lava rock is fire-grade and will be less susceptible to this kind of phenomenon.
- This is often caused by moisture reacting to the heat of the fire
- Make sure to buy fire-grade lava rock and keep it protected from excess moisture.
My fire glass is melting.
- Avoid placing logs, or any other heat-retaining accessories, on top of fire glass
- The heat build-up on the logs will cause the fire glass to melt